Thursday, February 24, 2011

A day at the zoo

Sophia had her first visit to the zoo yesterday. My brother came with me and we met a friend and her son there (he is only 10 days younger than Sophia!). We talked last week about going beause the weather has been so nice lately. The weather was ok yesterday, it was about 70 degrees but very humid.

Sophia only had a quick 30 minute nap on the way there, so I was a little worried about how she would do while we were there but she ended up doing great. We had such a good time. She was a little crabby at first but once we started walking around and looking at all the animals she perked right up!


Oh and wanted to add that I got my new Beco Gemini baby carrier the day before we went to the zoo and I love love love it. I love babywearing and I loved my Moby but Sophia was getting to heavy for it. The Moby is fine for around the house when she gets in those clingy moods but I knew I needed somthing else to use for longer periods of time. I did some research and decided the Beco would be best for us. It's a little on the pricey side ($130) but it was worth every cent. The way this carrier works is, it distibutes the weight of the baby on your hips and not your back and shoulders. It almost felt like I wasn't even carrying her and she was in it for a good 3 hours. Sophia loved it too, she loves being close to her mommy :)

Ok back to the zoo, I knew Sophia would enjoy it because she loves animals. In books and in person. I was right, the first animals we saw were the flamingos, she couldn't take her eyes off of them. She was "talking" to them the whole time. It was so cute.

We were able to see most of everything while we were there, we had to leave before we got to the lions and tigers though because my brother had to go to work. The babies were wore out anyways, Sophia passed out in the carseat right away! Anyway, here are some more pics from our day. Enjoy!

Giraffes!

Checking out the fish


My favorite of the day




You can't really tell from the pic, but this alligator was HUGE!

The babies checking each other out


The gorillas are always so much fun to watch

Ready to head home!
Needless to say we will be making another trip to the zoo very soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Sophia with her sunglasses on - too cute!
    I do like that carrier. Once the warmer weather hits, I was actually wondering about the carrier we have (we just have one of those cheaper infantino carriers) - I don't think it will work this summer, she might be too big. I want to check into that one you have.... great idea and it doesn't kill your back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend it! I did a lot of researchon them before I bought it and I'm really glad I went the Beco. There are 2 different kinds, the one I got (Gemini), you can wear it facing out. THey other one, the butterfly, you can wear them on the front but only facing in. I've heard better things in general on the Gemini too.

    ReplyDelete