Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Catch up post

Wow I feel like I haven't blogged in awhile, it's so much harder now that I have a mobile baby. I used to be able to get things done around the house while Sophia was awake because I could put her down in one place with toys around her and she would stay there and play for the most part. Now that she is crawling around and getting into everything I can't do anything except when she naps, so that leaves minimum "me time". That girl wears me out, all she wants to do is crawl all over the place! And when she isn't wanting to crawl, she wants to hold on to my fingers and walk everywhere. Whew,she is definetely giving me a work out!

In other news, the past couple of weeks have been pretty busy. We've had a couple of play dates which is so nice. I love that Sophia interacts with other babies (even though they are younger), plus it gives me some much needed grown up time :)

We went and saw Leah and baby Gene last week, Sophia loves being around other kids! I really need to join a mommy and me group so she has more social interaction. Here a couple of pics from our playdate.


A few days later, A friend of mine and her daughter Ari came over and we took a nice long walk to the park. The weather has been absoutely beautiful lately...hello spring!!


Oh and we might be going to the Ft Worth Zoo tomorrow if the weather holds out, there is a chance of rain so we'll see. Sophia is really into animals lately so I think she will love it.

Also, last week was really special for us. Rudy's truck has been giving us a lot of problems over the past year or so and we've had to pay quite a bit of money to have it fixed. Well this last time it broke down during the snow/ice storm, we had to put it in the shop again. We had been thinking about selling it and looking for a new vehicle after it got fixed. Well after one of my playdates last week, I came home and this was sitting in the driveway...

A brand spankin' new truck! My husband's boss dropped it off while we were gone. I was left speechless. Rudy came home after work and was totally suprised. We are more than blessed, he has such a great job and works for the most amazing people. I honestly don't know if they know how much this means to us, it's a total burden lifted off of our shoulders. Here is Sophia checking out Daddy's new truck!




I am definetely counting my blessings...

2 comments:

  1. beautiful sophia! charlie will see you soon, i promise!

    aimee, how amazing about the truck! im so happy for you and rudy, you deserve it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl :) Yes we better be seeing you guys soon!!!

    ReplyDelete