Friday, December 31, 2010

8 months old

Dear Sophia,

You are growing fast my darling. You are getting to be such a big girl, you don't look like a little baby anymore. You still aren't crawling yet, but if we put you on your hands and knees you'll stay there and rock for a few seconds. Maybe one of these days you'll get it, but if not that's ok too!


A couple of days ago, you learned to drink from a straw. What a big girl! I'm so proud of you. You are eating more "big girl" food these days. I think you are over purees. You love to pick things up with your two little fingers, you are a pro now. You are eating meat too, you love chicken! I gave you a piece of broccoli last night for the first time, I don't think you are a fan.



You are babbling a ton, but you still haven't said any real words yet. We get a lot of babababa, boof (that one always makes me laugh), papapa, dadada. I'm still crossing my fingers you'll say mama first ;)

We have been signing to you for a few months now. You haven't signed back to us yet, but I think you will soon. You are starting to make movements with your hands, but nothing that resembles a sign. So far we are teaching you the sign for milk, more, eat, and bath. I can't wait until you can start communicating with us!

You are such a sweet, smiley girl. We are so lucky to have you as our daughter. I love you more than you will ever know.
Uncle Gregg giving you kisses


Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment