Friday, December 17, 2010

Taking it easy and Christmas cookies

This weekend is going to be a lazy one. Rudy is leaving this afternoon to go hunting with the guys, so it's just me and my girl. We both are feeling kinda yucky right now, so it will be good for us to stay home, snuggle up and try to get better, quickly!

I *attempted* to make Christmas cutout cookies this week. Horrible idea when you have a sick, teething baby. It was just bad all the way around. I threw the dough together in a frenzy, trying to get done as quickly as possible while Sophia whined the whole time. I put the dough in the fridge and layed her down for a nap
Once she woke up and was in a semi-better mood, we rolled out the dough and started cutting away!
The recipe said to put parchment paper on cookie sheets, place the cookies, then back for about 10 min. Easy right? Well for some unknown reason, I thought parchment paper was the same as wax paper. It's not! A few min after the cookies were in the oven, I started smelling something weird, like a burning smell. I opened the oven and smoke started billowing out! Uh oh, glad I pulled them out before a fire was started! I quickly threw them on the cookie sheet and put them in the oven., minus the wax paper :)

I took the cookies out and let them cool while I made the frosting. It was a mess and didn't really taste that good either. I need to find a better recipe. Here is the final product, they ended up coming out looking like a 2nd grader made them lol, oh well. There's always next year!

Oh and here is a little bonus video from yesterday, we went outside to enjoy the sunshine for a bit. It did us both some good as you can see :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the video ... What is it about little baby's laughing that just makes me smile from ear to ear!?!? I just love it!! Such a happy little girl!
    SOrry about your cookies... I know what you mean - we tried to do sugar cookies last year... they tasted decent but looked like a 4 year old iced them - I have no idea how people get their cookies to look so perfect?! I know I sure can't! But at least I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete