Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Feeling very blessed

I can't believe Christmas is over already. I love Christmas, it is defintely my favorite holiday. I love the excitement and anticipation, cooking and baking, shopping, and all of the family time that goes along with it. Let me just say, this year really lived up to the hype. The only thing that was missing was my mom being here, that part was hard, but hopefully she will be here soon!

This year was especially great, because it was our little bug's 1st Christmas. She was definetely spoiled by everyone. She has more toys than she knows what to do with. Pop bought her a toy box, so now all of her new toys have a place to go and won't be scattered around the house. Sophia and Bittles had to test it out first :)


We spent Christmas eve at Sophia's godfather's house eating tamales and spending time with family. Sophia had fun being with all of her cousins. She even played dolls with Emily and Natalie. We let her stay up later than usual so she could hang out with everyone.

We woke up bright and early Christmas morning, Sophia drank her morning bottle and then we dug right into the presents. Sophia had a blast even though she had no idea what was going on. The paper and boxes were the best part for her of course :)

Christmas is different to me now that I am a parent. I know she won't "get it" for a couple more years, but it was so much fun watching her have fun. I am so excited to start traditions and make it special for our girl like my parents did for me.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas as much as we did. Here are some pictures from our day. Oh and these were taken from my new camera Rudy suprised me with :)



Uncle Gregg



Tio Domingo

I hate this picture of me but she just looks so darn cute :)

With Pop


My girl loves her books!

Laughing with Aunt Jenni




"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"

3 comments:

  1. she looks so happy and beautiful! im so glad you guys had a great chirstmas :) love ya girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what fabulous pictures! Looks like Sophia had a wonderful Christmas morning! I feel the same way about this year being "different" since it's the first one being a parent. I can't wait to do our traditions every year and I look forward to next Christmas when Julianna will get "it" a little more than she did this year! What a fabulous holiday! I love that hat & vest on Sophia - so adorable!
    What kind of camera did you get?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) It was a great day! I got a Nikon D3100, I was completely suprised! Now I just have to figure out how to use it :P

    ReplyDelete