Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Christmas season has officially begun!

Saturday was the annual Christmas parade and Christmas on the Square. It was also Sophia's very first time to be on a float! It went ok seeing as it was waaaaaayyyy past her naptime and it was pretty chilly, but I guess it could have been worse. She enjoyed being outside and seeing all the people though.

We got there a couple of hours early to set up and decorate the float, Sophia decided to munch on some leaves while we waited :)


Everyone loved her of course, every person we passed on the street ooooed and ahhhhed over her. She did look pretty cute in her hat I must say!

After the parade, we came home so Sophia could take a quick nap and then we thought we would go to Christmas on the Square. Well, that didn't really work out as planned. We got there and it was freezing! We had her bundled up in her jacket and tucked her in to her stroller with a big blanket but it was just too cold. We walked up one side of the square then turned around and headed back to the car. There's always next year I suppose!

I have 95% of my Christmas shopping done, presents wrapped and Christmas cards out in the mail! I'm ready! I am so excited for my little bug's first Christmas :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like Sophia was a champ at the parade! Who woulnd't be oohing & ahhing at her with that super-cute hat on! Love it!
    You are 95% done with your Christmas shopping? I am so jealous! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    Yes, I am almost done. I just have to order one more thing online and that is it! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete