Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Early Christmas present

A few weeks ago, Rudy told me that I was getting my Christmas present early and to be looking for it in the mail. I was curious as to what it could be and kept an eye out everyday when the mail came. Well, it finally arrived this past Thursday...
I was so suprised! That only left me with two days I had to wait :) I had never been to see The Nutcracker before, but always wanted to go. Rudy and I have talked about going when we first started dating 5 years ago, but for some reason we never went. He told me he had already asked his mom to watch Sophia, so we were all set!

He had to work, but went in a little early and got off just in time. We dropped our love bug off and headed out to The Bass Hall! It was decorated beautifully for Christmas, I wish I would have taken more pictures. I love that place, I am in awe every time I go. We quickly found our seats and waited for the show to start.
The show was amazing just like I thought it would be. I can't wait to take Sophia in a few years. I would like to make a tradition out of it and bring her every year. I think she would love it! There were so many little girls there all dressed up in their big dresses, bows, tights and fake pearls. They were all carrying around their dollies, it was really cute.

It was a great Christmas present and I am so thankful that I have a husband who is so thoughtful. It was so unexpected, such a great surprise. I know you will be reading this, so thanks again babe...I love you :)

In other news, Sophia is starting to stand! She wants to pull herself up on everything. She hasn't mastered it quite yet though. She also made a small attempt to crawl last weekend...uh oh, I thought the Christmas tree would be safe this year. Maybe not...


3 comments:

  1. yay! im so glad you blog girl, im excited to hear more about sophia growing and how you guys are doing! great job on the xmas gift Rudy, job well done! ive talked troy into the lion king on broadway, but he hasnt mastered the idea on his own yet ;)

    big hugs to the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to go see a broadway show!! It's definetely on my bucket list :) I can't wait to go check out your blog...on my way now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nutcracker is beautiful and fantasy-like. My mom used to take me when I was a kid ... and I hope to take Julianna when she gets old enough. Sounds like you guys had a great time...
    Look at SOphia standing up!! Woohoo! that is so awesome! I hope Julianna is right behind her :)

    ReplyDelete