Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Long overdue post

It's been awhile since my last blog post, but it has been pretty crazy around here. My mom was in town for the past 10 days and we were on the go quite a bit. We had a really nice visit, I wish she could come down more often. Sophia really enjoyed her being here. Sophia and I are home alone together most of the time during the week so I'm sure seeing a new face was great for her. We picked her up from the airport on Thursday afternoon.



My mom was really excited to see all of us (especially Sophia!), Sophia didn't know what to think at first but she warmed up pretty quickly. My mom sat in the backseat with Sophia the whole time she was here. They were backseat buddies :) She loved the company back there!


We did soooooo much when my mom was here! We went to the Fort Worth Stock Show, went to a baby shower, made a ton of decorations for Sophia's 1st birthday party, practiced making cupcakes for the party, cooked, and did tons of shopping! We were busy busy busy. Now that my mom is gone it's so lonely around here :( But only 3 more months until she is back again for Sophia's birthday! Here is Nana's visit in pictures...


Our little angel


  
Stock Show!





Park time



This is what happens when you leave your wallet unattended with a 9 month old :) (digging through my mom's wallet)

Just hanging out







Making tablecloths for Sophia's party

Practicing tissue paper flowers

Sign I made for Sophia's party

 I'm getting excited about planning Sophia's 1st birthday party but a little sad at the same time. I can't believe my little baby will be 1 in a few short months :( It has literally flown by. It's going to be here before I know it so I may as well embrace it right? We are throwing her a Spring Garden Party themed birthday party. I'm trying to make all the decorations and have acomplished quite a bit so far. I'll update as the party approaches! Now off to get ready to hit up Costco, oh joy :)

3 comments:

  1. Aw... grandmas are awesome. My mom is coming out to visit in a few weeks to see her grandbaby. Times like these make me wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know what you mean. I wish my mom lived closer as well. It's hard when you only see them a few times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia is so photogenic! I love her smile in the picture of her with the pink striped shirt on - sooo cute! Nana seems so happy to see her grand daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete