Monday, August 23, 2010

Sophia's Baptism

Saturday was Sophia's baptism and it went very well, a lot better than I thought it would seeing as it was during her bedtime. She fell asleep during mass and was out for some of the actual baptism ceremony.

She woke up halfway through it to the priest talking, when she woke up she looked at him like "Who are you and where am I?" The look on her face was priceless. She did good though, she didn't even cry when they poured the water over her head. She actually probably thought it felt good, it was so hot in the church. The poor little girl was sweating so bad! The long dress, shoes and socks probably didn't help much either.




After the ceremony we took pictures and headed to my in-law's house for a baptism party for our girl.

The pary went well, there were lots of friends and family there to celebrate with our Sophia. She had such a good time, even stayed up waaaayyy past her bedtime, 10:00! Everyone said she would sleep in because she stayed up so late, well she fooled us! She was up bright and early at 5:59 am! That'll teach us to stay up late.

Lastly, I wanted to share a couple of pictures we took at her party. Sophia's great grandparents are in town from mexico and I wanted to make sure and get a picture of Sophia with them. Poor thing, looks so tired...I think she passed out shortly after the last picture
Sophia and her great grandmother Elvira (rudy's grandmother on his dad's side)

Sophia and her grandmother Pompeya (Rudy's grandmother on his mom's side)
Thanks to everyone who came out to witness her being baptized...it was a joyous day!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have been there. I'm missing out on all of the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete