Saturday, March 19, 2011

Well it's been awhile...

I've been slacking in the blogging world lately. I can't believe it's been almost a month since I have written. Things have been so crazy around here with all the planning for Sophia's birthday coming up. I only have a little over a month left :( I can't believe it. Since the weather has been warmer lately, we have been on the go quite a bit. Neither one of us like to stay at home for very long, so I'm always trying to find something for us to do. Even if it's just a walk down to the park or public library.

I've also been busy with my new hobby...bow making! I decided it was time to learn how to make my own bows for Sophia. They were starting to add up quite a bit. I just watched a few videos on youtube and went from there. We had a garage sale last weekend, and I sold some of my bows. A lady that owns a retail shop wants me to make some for her so she can sell them there. I'm excited about it

Here's just a few I've made so far...








This one is my favorite, it's hot pink and green with giraffe print :)
 So this is what has been taking up my extra time to blog, it's so addicting and fun.

Sophia's birthday is coming up and I've been planning like a mad woman. The stress is starting to get to me, I know it's only a first birthday party but all of family and friends will be there. I'm anticipating 50+ people to show up. I can only imagine how I will be the day of the party! Lol, maybe the stress will keep me from crying like a baby all day.

With her birthday approaching, I've already bought her presents from us. I knew that was a bad idea, I can never wait to give her anything. So she got her presents almost 2 months early :) I ordered her an Anywhere Chair from Pottery Barn Kids. They personalized with her name for free, it's super cute and Sophia loves it too! Oh and just a little tip for anyone else wanting to buy one, call them and ask for their online only sale. I got her chair for a lot cheaper calling than it would have been buying it online. $111 vs $174, I bought the oversized chair. so if you buy the regular size it's only $88.



I also bought her a water table because the kid loves water! Seriously, she would stay in the bath all night if I let her. I wasn't going to give it to her, but it was so hot outside yesterday. I busted it out of the box, put her bathing suit on and we headed outside.

She loved it.




 My little bathing beauty. I can't wait until we can hit up the pool this summer!

My mom and grandma also sent Sophia her birthday present. Zulily.com was having a sale on plush rockers and they bought the ladybug one for her. It's so cute. It plays four different songs and has a seat that is really secure and hold her in good. She loves it, she has even got the rocking thing down, she's pretty good.

she was moving around and rocking so much, all the pictures I have of her on it are blurry
Maybe I'll buy her something the day before the party that way she'll have something to open from us and I won't be tempted to give it to her early lol.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back !!
    Those bows are amazing. I bet you will sell a bunch at that retail store! I bet you can make some good money doing it - they are super cute! I would buy one for sure!
    And the picture of Sophia in her red bikini with the blue & ahite hat on - Oh my gosh - she is just so precious - sooo cute! Awww! We summer shopped for Julianna today and I had to control myself when I saw the bathing suits in Gap & Gymboree - Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Skye! I know what you mean about having to control yourself. Those two stores are dangerous! I just spent $70 at The Gap today :/ but I can't wait to put her in all the outfits!

    ReplyDelete