Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The park and a tooth and a duck

I need to stop waiting so long in between posts, that way I don't always have so much stuff to catch up on!

The Park

My brother and I took Sophia to the park last week, she loves to get out of the house, especially when it involves being outdoors. We fed the ducks and she was in a trance as usual. She wouldn't take her eyes off of them. Then we went over to the playground and put her in the swing to see if she would like it. Like it? She loved it! We'll have to do that more often :)



Then Uncle Greg took her down the slide, it wasn't much of a ride but she enjoyed it! I see lots of park outings in our future :)
A Tooth

So last week after we got home from the pumpkin patch, I was feeling around on Sophia's gums and I felt a little something. I looked, and we have a tooth!
You can barely see it, but it's there! She won't let me look long enough to get a good picture. I think the one next to it is gonna pop up any day now. For now it's just a waiting game. She has been much better though since her tooth came through, definetely not as fussy! Yay!

A duck

I've come the conclusion my child is going to be one of those kids that are afraid of their own shadow. She is scared of everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. You can't cough, sneeze, clear your throat or do anything without her wanting to jump out of her skin. I make her baby food, so when I turn the blender on I have to make sure she is in another room and I have her distracted so she doesn't freak out.

Well the other day I decided it was time to stop using the infant tub and break out the big rubber duckie tub (aka the big girl tub) I bought awhile back. Especially now that she can sit up on her own. I thought she would love it. Boy was I wrong. Rudy went to go give her a bath the other night and she flipped out on us. I mean, full on screaming, shaking, and she had both hands holding on to the sides of her head just terrified. She was so scared. I felt bad for the poor girl. Needless to say, we busted her old tub out and gave her a bath in that.

Over the last few days I've been trying to slowly introduce her to the duck, she still gets scared but it's going better than the first time. I think she'll get used to it, at least I hope so! At least this last time she was playing with her toys, that's a good sign!






2 comments:

  1. You are so precious..I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - she is just precious! I love the pictures of her in the bath! I can't help but laugh at your description of he duck ordeal ... my daughter has jumped out of her skin a few times and the look on her face is just too funny (I am so evil for laughing at my terrified child!) - Once mine sits up on her own, I don't know if we are going to keep her in her little tub or try the "big" tub ... but I like the idea of that blowup tub you have, that seems fun too!
    Congrats on the tooth!

    ReplyDelete