Thursday, September 16, 2010

Eating big girl food!

When we went to Sophia's 4 month appointment, her pedi told us we could start solids after she does good for on the rice cereal for a while. Well she has done great! She swallows it very well instead of pushing it out with her tongue and even cries when it's all gone. She does great with the spoon! I decided I wanted to make her baby food so I busted out the blender and made some peas! They were so easy to make and it was actually kind of fun. I'm so exctited to make her all sorts of other foods now. I think we might head down to Central Market today and see what kind of fruits and veggies we can find.

Anyway. back to the peas, I made them on tuesday evening and fed them to her yesterday morning. I was fully expecting her to take a bite and spit it out everywhere. Much to my suprise she loved them! She ate every last bit. I'm going to give them to her over the next few days and then experiment with something else. I'm thinking maybe sweet potatos or squash! Here are a few pictures :)
Waiting patiently for her "num nums"

Messy face!

All done! What a mess!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Aimee -
    I came across your blog somehow a couple weeks ago - I think it was through the "Enjoying the small things" blog ... I love First time mother blogs, and when I found yours, and you have a daughter the same age as mine (almost), I have to follow! I am a fellow blogger too: "First time mama- First time blogger."
    My daughter is about 3 weeks behind yours and I like reading about what I will be looking forward to soon ... She goes to the pediatrician next friday and of course I am going to ask the biggy question about "Solids"... I am all ready with the cereal when they tell me OK...
    Your daughter is adorable! ANyway check out my blog when you get a few minutes if you want...

    But I mostly wanted to introduce myself so you didn't think, "Who is this weirdo that is following my blog?!"

    Keep bloggin! You're doing a great job - I'll keepo reading!
    Skye :)

    ReplyDelete